Tax free cars, tax free plates and tourist plates.
Although the main contents of this page have been developed with PTs in mind, all readers will find value for his money and some tax relief in the last paragraphs. So, enjoy and give a sight!
All PTs do know that cars can be bought tax free by legally avoiding most duties and taxes. For those who aren't in the know we have to remember that this technique however, can only be implemented by those living at least part-time in a different country from their residence. Much better if they only have a nominal residence in a tax haven.
And that this technique won't work for those oppressed pre-PTs who are still residents in their own countries, and proud owners of a unique passport, a unique residence, and a unique social insecurity number, with all their physical and financial movements still blatantly monitored and continuously recorded by big brother. Sorry, but BB won't allow them to enjoy any of these amusing gadgets.
Further, a very nice consequence of buying a tax free car is that after one or two years, when tax over car is much lower, you'll be able to sell it at a profit most of the times! So be creative, and see what our club can offer you to cater with your needs:
Car registration in Vanuatu
We believe from past personal experience that this opinion is by far the best, fastest and least expensive method for offshore car registration.
Why register your car offshore in Vanuatu?
- Low registration cost and annual fees.
- Huge potential tax savings - avoid European VAT, luxury taxes, etc.
- No need to travel - plates sent to you by DHL courier.
- Legally avoid expensive compliance tests.
- Small additional cost for personalized plates.
It is possible to drive anywhere in the world with Vanuatu plates. If you have bought a completely tax-free car this solution is better than the Swiss, Andorra and UK plates alternative we are offering here too, since this avoids all import duties and VAT.
Imagine on a $50,000 car you could easily save $12,000 in taxes using this registration method.
Major European factories such as Mercedes and Volvo specialise in sales of tax-free cars, while in Denmark and Belgium dealers are well known for offering low export prices.
Advantages of registration of a vehicle in Vanuatu:
- There are minimal taxes connected with registration of a vehicle.
Cost of registration does not depend on price or age of the vehicle, nor on the capacity of its engine.
- For registration it is not required to demonstrate the vehicle at the place of registration - a photo and materially certified documents are sufficient.
- Owner of a vehicle may be a foreigner (an incorporation or a person).
- Registration plates are similar to French ones, as Vanuatu is a former colony of France.
- All the procedure of registration can be accomplished in some weeks.
- Permanent registration of a vehicle in Vanuatu enables temporary tax-free registration of the vehicle in Estonia (registration numbers on yellow background). These are ideal for motoring in Europe, particularly Scandinavia and Russia.
- However, you should be aware that insurance can be difficult to obtain for high-value vehicles on tax-free plates.
All the procedure of registration costs Eur 2,500. The price includes preparation of all necessary documentation, local road taxes of Vanuatu, making of registration numbers and legalisation of documents for Estonian Republic, also the payments for notary, translator and courier.
For Overseas Vehicle Registration in Vanuatu the following documents are required:
- Application for Vehicle Registration.
- Original Invoice for Vehicle Registration.
- Original Proof of 3rd Party Insurance.
- Registration Certificate (in case the vehicle is previously registered) - copy certified by Notary Public or Attorney at Law.
- Registration Certificate - certified translation by Notary Public or Attorney at Law.
- Road Worthiness Certificate- translation certified by Notary Public or Attorney at Law.
- Drivers Licence of the Driver of the vehicle- copy certified by Notary Public or Attorney at Law.
- Drivers Licence - certified translation of by Notary Public or Attorney at Law.
- Drivers' Passport- copy certified by Notary Public or Attorney at Law.
- Colour photographs of Vehicle (6).
- Colour photo of Driver.
- In case the owner is a physical person, passport copy, drivers license and coloured photograph are required. Certification should be done by Notary Public or Attorney at Law, if translations are required, certification are required for the same.
To apply for registration of a vehicle we need the following data:
- Date of manufacture of the vehicle;
- mark of the vehicle;
- kind of fuel it uses;
- identification number;
- engine number;
- number of cylinders;
- weight (full and empty);
- maximal allowed number of passengers (excluding the driver);
- date of importing;
- date of purchase;
- actual price of purchase;
- estimated market price of the vehicle.
Owner of a vehicle registered in Vanuatu will receive the following documents:
- registration certificate;
- 2 registration numbers for the vehicle;
- cheque on paid local roads tax;
- window sticker proving the registration of the vehicle;
- legalised and notarially certified excerpt from Vanuatu Vehicle Register for Estonian Republic;
- legalised and notarially certified copy of the bill about making the number signs in Vanuatu.
The registration of a vehicle in Vanuatu takes about two to two and a half months from the moment when all necessary documents are received by PTClub and sent out with a courier service.
Please EMAIL PTCLUB if you would like to go ahead, or if you have any further questions.
To order proceed to our secure online order form at ORDER FORM
Car registration in Andorra
The primary advantage of car registration in Andorra is that you can drive indefinitely on tourist plates, which can be renewed year after year. Due to the 7% tax this option is more expensive than our Vanuatu/Estonia solution, but has the following advantages:
- Glamorous plates from a European mountain principality, instead of a far-away island. No problems at borders if you are motoring in Europe. These plates get you the best parking spaces at top hotels, casinos etc.
- The only European country which has no restriction on how long you may drive on tourist plates.
- Much easier and cheaper to insure valuable cars due to the low rate of car crime in Andorra.
- Extremely quick and efficient registration procedure (often within 24 hours).
Compare Andorra's 7% tax to the 180% luxury tax on cars in Denmark, for example, and you will see that this solution could save you a small fortune!
However, you should be aware that:
- A 7% initial tax is payable on registration. In some cases a 2% European Union transit tax is also payable.
- The car must be present in Andorra for registration.
- The plates issued are tourist plates and you must provide an address outside Andorra. They are different from Andorran resident plates.
- Cars must conform to European Union standards. Cars made for North American market may require adjustments, and other cars may fail to meet EU environmental and safety standards.
- A personal visit to Andorra is required along with your car.
- The plates are so beautiful that they are often stolen by souvenir hunters. This can be a real problem as they cannot be replaced outside Andorra, and you will be stopped by the police for driving without plates!
PTClub's fees depend on the work involved. Please email us telling us the exact make and model of car, and its age, and we will get back to you with an exact price.
Vehicle registration and driving licence in the UK
This package is best for people who already have a European-registered car, but want to save on taxes and insurance. If you have bought a car "tax-free for export" you should consider Vanuatu.
UK licence plates are frequently seen on roads throughout Europe, and as such they are an excellent choice for motoring anywhere on the continent and even further afield. The UK has a fixed road tax for all private cars, with only very minor variations for factors such as engine size or value.
Huge savings can be achieved by using the UK's low road taxes and insurance costs. For example, if you are driving a 6 month old Mercedes or BMW on German, French, Dutch or Belgian plates, we estimate you can save at least three times our fee in the first year alone! Scandinavians can achieve even greater savings still.
The fees for trucks are also excellent value and we can arrange establishment of road haulage companies that can operate anywhere within the EU - email us for this.
Advantages of UK car registration through PTClub:
Fixed annual tax never exceeds GBP 200.
Car never normally needs to travel to UK. (On rare occasions the authorities will demand to see it).
Left or right hand drive cars can easily be registered.
Low profile identity.
UK insurance is some of the cheapest in the world.
We offer a package including:
Transfer of your existing car from foreign registration plates, or registration of a new car.
Provision of UK maildrop at which the car will be registered, or a UK company to register the car - whichever you prefer.
Arranging insurance and Europe-wide breakdown cover at your UK address.
Manufacture and delivery of license plates and GB sticker worldwide.
Arranging MOT technical test certificate (required annually for cars more than 3 years old) by remote assessment.
Total package price: GBP 1,000, plus GBP 250 per year renewal fees.
Optional extra: exchange your European Union, Aus/NZ or various other Driving License to a new-style UK photo DL for an extra GBP 1000. This can help prove UK residence where necessary, since the UK does not have any registration of foreign residents.
What's NOT included:
Road tax - approximately GBP 160 per year.
Insurance - from GBP 100 per year upwards, depending on vehicle and driver.
Import duty and VAT - applicable to new cars. However, NO IMPORT DUTY OR VAT is payable if you have been using the car for at least six months in another European Union country.
Disbursements: there are nominal government fees for various aspects of the registration, which should be around GBP 100.
Consultancy re registration of cars which do not have suitable type approval. This means cars which have not been manufactured to European specifications. Technical adjustments may be required to cars made for North American market, and other cars may fail to meet environmental standards. We have ways around this, but they cost extra…
ALSO AVAILABLE: DETAILS SENT ON REQUEST TO SERIOUS ENQUIRIES ONLY:
- UK TAX-FREE ("Q") LICENSE PLATES.
- UK DIPLOMATIC ("CD") PLATES.
- UK VANITY (OWN NAME) PLATES.
- ALSO SEE OUR ROLLS ROYCE ARISTOCRATIC TITLE PACKAGE
To ask any questions or to place an order, contact PTClub by email right now.